WHAT IS FAITH?

Go down

WHAT IS FAITH?

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:35 pm

This topic was discussed on tv this morning...so what is faith and what does it mean to you?

My faith is my trust in God and a concious decision of lifestyle....

------------------------------

faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

-----------------------------

it simly means that we know that it will happen for sure without seeing it happen.i mean when we pray we believe that we have already recieved it that is called faith.

--------------

man i have to read the bible again i am forgeting things.
---------------------

here is a example from the bible which explains faith its taken from the book of mathew chapter 8.

5 And Jesus having entered into Capernaum, there came to him a centurion calling upon him,

6 and saying, `Sir, my young man hath been laid in the house a paralytic, fearfully afflicted,`

7 and Jesus saith to him, `I, having come, will heal him.`

8 And the centurion answering said, `Sir, I am not worthy that thou mayest enter under my roof, but only say a word, and my servant shall be healed;

9 for I also am a man under authority, having under myself soldiers, and I say to this one, Go, and he goeth, and to another, Be coming, and he cometh, and to my servant, Do this, and he doth it.`

10 And Jesus having heard, did wonder, and said to those following, `Verily I say to you, not even in Israel so great faith have I found;

11 and I say to you, that many from east and west shall come and recline (at meat) with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the reign of the heavens,

12 but the sons of the reign shall be cast forth to the outer darkness -- there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.`

13 And Jesus said to the centurion, `Go, and as thou didst believe let it be to thee;` and his young man was healed in that hour.
-------------------------------

here is a example from the bible which explains faith its taken from the book of mathew chapter 8.

5 And Jesus having entered into Capernaum, there came to him a centurion calling upon him,

6 and saying, `Sir, my young man hath been laid in the house a paralytic, fearfully afflicted,`

7 and Jesus saith to him, `I, having come, will heal him.`

8 And the centurion answering said, `Sir, I am not worthy that thou mayest enter under my roof, but only say a word, and my servant shall be healed;

9 for I also am a man under authority, having under myself soldiers, and I say to this one, Go, and he goeth, and to another, Be coming, and he cometh, and to my servant, Do this, and he doth it.`

10 And Jesus having heard, did wonder, and said to those following, `Verily I say to you, not even in Israel so great faith have I found;

11 and I say to you, that many from east and west shall come and recline (at meat) with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the reign of the heavens,

12 but the sons of the reign shall be cast forth to the outer darkness -- there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of the teeth.`

13 And Jesus said to the centurion, `Go, and as thou didst believe let it be to thee;` and his young man was healed in that hour.
Note: To add an image or link in your message,
use or Text

Quote Original
Watch this Topic

Dec 23, 2007
1:34 PM

In Christianity, faith mean, believe in every thing God tell you through His Holy Word and ask no questions. Just like Abraham (the father of faith), the Prophets, and others.
----------------------

In Christianity, faith mean, believe in every thing God tell you through His Holy Word and ask no questions. Just like Abraham (the father of faith), the Prophets, and others.

----------------------

Trusting in God even when it feels as if you can't trace Him in any situation. Moving from the point of believing he is able to knowing beyond any doubt despite the present that he is able to change any outcome.
-----------------------

Trusting in God even when it feels as if you can't trace Him in any situation. Moving from the point of believing he is able to knowing beyond any doubt despite the present that he is able to change any outcome.
--------------------------

Faith is an action word, it is what you've not yet seen but yet believe it will surely happen. The Lord says even if our faith is small like a mustard seed, I believe just a little bit of faith can do mighty things, but it must be put into action. Faith is faith, and you must prove it that you believe it works.
There is a story of a Pastor, they were about crossing a river for an outreach, before leaving he was teaching the members about the Faith they should have so that mighty things will happen during the outreach program, unfortunately the ferry that should take them across has some mechanical fault, they waited for hours but the problem could not be solved, so some of the members decided to call for the wooden boat to take them across. But the Pastor was not with this idea cause he is afraid to sit on the boat he tried to discourage them, but they insist they must go as the time is almost spent. He then agreed to join them as soon as they reached in the middle of the journey he started to shake (the Pastor) and one of the members asked him Pastor were is your faith aren't you the one preaching about Faith just now, and the Pastor replied the faith I was talking of is Land Faith but this is Sea Faith which I do not have, but he was encourage and they arrived safely and do the work of God.
I Believe there is one faith but it must be put into action faith is works.

---------------------------

Faith is an action word, it is what you've not yet seen but yet believe it will surely happen. The Lord says even if our faith is small like a mustard seed, I believe just a little bit of faith can do mighty things, but it must be put into action. Faith is faith, and you must prove it that you believe it works.
There is a story of a Pastor, they were about crossing a river for an outreach, before leaving he was teaching the members about the Faith they should have so that mighty things will happen during the outreach program, unfortunately the ferry that should take them across has some mechanical fault, they waited for hours but the problem could not be solved, so some of the members decided to call for the wooden boat to take them across. But the Pastor was not with this idea cause he is afraid to sit on the boat he tried to discourage them, but they insist they must go as the time is almost spent. He then agreed to join them as soon as they reached in the middle of the journey he started to shake (the Pastor) and one of the members asked him Pastor were is your faith aren't you the one preaching about Faith just now, and the Pastor replied the faith I was talking of is Land Faith but this is Sea Faith which I do not have, but he was encourage and they arrived safely and do the work of God.
I Believe there is one faith but it must be put into action faith is works.

-------------------------

land faith...sea faith...hahahha that's so funny, I wonder if the paor looked back and reflected on those words....
Faith is faith indeed - I wak by faith, not by sight, when things look wrong - He'll make it right.
That' one of the biggest test we face daily isour fath....whe we pray webeliee - we havefaith that our Ld hears us and wil answer our prayers...Jesus intercedes for us.
----------------------------

land faith...sea faith...hahahha that's so funny, I wonder if the paor looked back and reflected on those words....
Faith is faith indeed - I wak by faith, not by sight, when things look wrong - He'll make it right.
That' one of the biggest test we face daily isour fath....whe we pray webeliee - we havefaith that our Ld hears us and wil answer our prayers...Jesus intercedes for us.

------------------

I believe We walk by faith and not by Sight that why i use the skin on my profile to remind me of that every day

-----------------------

I believe We walk by faith and not by Sight that why i use the skin on my profile to remind me of that every day
-------------------------

oooo...I'll takea pek in a mo Abraham and maybe nick...um..borrow...um use it after the christmas holidays hahaah :-)

Too true my bro....walk by faith every day ......
-------------------------------

oooo...I'll takea pek in a mo Abraham and maybe nick...um..borrow...um use it after the christmas holidays hahaah :-)

Too true my bro....walk by faith every day ......
----------------------------

Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

is the way someone has explained it.It really is the foundation of my christian walk.I cannot prove that what is in the bible is true......I accept it,by faith!!
------------------------
Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him

is the way someone has explained it.It really is the foundation of my christian walk.I cannot prove that what is in the bible is true......I accept it,by faith!!
--------------------

Amen Lawrence......we walk by faith :-)

------------------------------

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, for He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews11:6).
I think that's where it comes from. I have to say like rexstar, I'm forgetful.
That's why we try to memorize the word of God here. God bless you

---------------------------

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, for He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" (Hebrews11:6).
I think that's where it comes from. I have to say like rexstar, I'm forgetful.
That's why we try to memorize the word of God here. God bless you

-----------------------

Faith is to trust in Jesus & to accept Him as God.It's is to believe that Jesus is with u all the time.It is to stay firm in Christ even if the whole world will be against u & consider u wrong.

Give a comment?
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

View user profile http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down